Know about the significance of Indira Ekadashi Vrat, the holiest fasting days for Hindus. To conduct the puja gracefully indulge in buying online gift idols.
Celebrate Indira Ekadashi vrat through divine gift online spiritual shopping. A significant event that holds special importance in Hindu traditions and culture.
Indira Ekadashi is one of the auspicious days that fall on the Eleventh day of the Krishna Paksha. It is during the month of ‘Ashwin, that we observe this day during the period of Pitru Paksha.
The objective of the Vrat:
Conducting puja and vrat by worshipping religious and spiritual idols in India instills in us a sense of positivity and invokes devotion for the Almighty.
The primary reason to keep Indira Ekadashi fast is to offer prayers for deceased ancestors. For any wrongdoings in the past, or any grievous mistakes, keeping this fast washes them from all the guilt. It is a way to seek forgiveness.
Legend and beliefs:
King Indra who was the ruler of Mahishmati Pura was a huge devotee of Lord Vishnu. One day, Sage Narada visited the king’s court. The Sage told him about his visit to Yamlok and his meeting with Yamraj, the God of death. At the Yamlok, Sage Narada found the King’s father who was in pain and grieving. On asking, the old man told him he could not attain moksha. King’s father requested sage Narad to inform the king about his wish to attain complete freedom from the cycles of life and death. Thus, the king arranged for Indira Ekadashi puja so that his father could attain salvation and reach the holy abode of Heaven in the feet of Lord Vishnu.
Significance of Indira Ekadashi Vrat
This puja blesses the devotees with happiness, prosperity, wealth, and goodwill. It brings mental peace and satisfaction as you get relief from offenses and sins. According to Hindu scriptures and holy books, by observing this Indira Ekadashi puja devotees reap the benefits of Ashwamedha Yagya. Also, there is a mention of this in the ‘Brahma Vaivarta Purana’ that Lord Krishna narrated to Yudhisthira.
Rituals and Puja Vidhi:
- A day prior to the puja, devotees organize prayers and yagas for the deceased souls of the family in their loving memory.
- Also, on an actual day, devotees perform rites of Shradh.
- Also, they can consume one meal on the Dashami day but on the puja day they abstain from eating anything.
- Worshipping of the idol of Lord Vishnu forms a crucial part of the ritual. Devotees buy divine picture frames of the lord from online stores and pray to him with flowers, tulsi leaves, and also, other puja essentials.
- Sometimes devotees also visit Vishnu temples to give offerings to the Lord and receive his blessings.
- Also, the Vrat ends on the next day when devotees have food and water. Food is also offered to the priests and other religious gurus.
- Also, the devotees stay awake all night to listen to stories of Lord Vishnu and sing devotional hymns.
Perform the sacred vrat of Indira Ekadashi with full devotion and by following all the rituals carefully. For online divine gift shopping in India rely on Diviniti. Buy God picture frames, and divine picture frames from the famous online spiritual store.