Navratri is a divine Hindu festival that lasts for nine nights. Chaitra Navratri falls on the Chaitra month. Read this blog to know more about Chaitra Navratri.
Hindu mythology states that Lord Shiva let her wife Goddess Parvati visit her parents for nine long days. People also believe that during these nine days, Parvati killed Mahishasura, the demon thereby, signifying the victory of good over evil. This is why people basically celebrate Chaitra Navratri.
The Heavenly History Of Chaitra Navratri
- Chaitra Navratri indicates the beginning of the Hindu New Year. Every year, the festival falls during the spring season between March-April. Devotees pay homage to the three key manifestations of Goddess Shakti- Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswati. Furthermore, they seek spiritual blessings at this holy time of the year.
- Each day is special for celebrating the nine forms of Shakti. These are Durga, Brahmacharini, Kushmanda, Shailputri, Chandraghanta, Katyayani, Skandmata, Kalratri and Maha Gauri. Devotees also offer a variety of offerings to each form of Durga.
- Chaitra Navratri is all about fasting, praying and meditating for the nine divine days of festivities. One cannot consume non-vegetarian food, tobacco and alcohol during this spiritual time. As a substitute, you can consume light foods that are free from garlic and onion.
- Worshippers also follow the ritual of Ghatasthapana where they offer flowers, fruits and prasad to the celestial deity. Chaitra Navratri is also known as Rama Navratri or Vasant Navratri because the ninth day symbolizes the birth of Lord Rama.
Divine Offerings That You Will Need For Navratri Puja Rituals
For completing a Navratri Puja, there are some divine gifts items that you will need. Find out what they are:
- A Premium Puja Kit
A premium puja kit is an all-over solution for all your Navratri puja needs. This puja kit must necessarily include:
- Turmeric powder
- Puja akshat
- Cotton wicks
- Ashtgandh among others.
- 24-Carat Nav Durga Photo Frame
Your puja is incomplete without a spiritual photo frame of Goddess Nav Durga. Hence, you must definitely opt for gold-plated god frames to receive blessings from God.
- Durga And Mata Ka Darbar Gold Plated Coins As Gifts
If you are attending the puja of Chaitra Navratri at a friend’s house, you must give them presents. What’s better than gold-plated gift items such as coins engraved with the holy pictures of Goddess Durga and Vaishnodevi temple.
By presenting such divine presents to your dear ones, you bless them with a happy life.
Make your Navratri more blissful with Diviniti. When you are looking for 24-carat gold gift items and premium puja products, Diviniti is an optimum choice. Hence, they are a complete solution for all your worshiping & religious needs.